Saturday, February 21, 2009

Nervousness VS Confidence


Seriously, I am nervous usually. I'm not a extroversion person, I scared to talk with strangers. But I tried to be confident, so sometimes you can't feel I am very nervous. But in my memory, there was a very interesting thing happened in my high school.
When I was in the first grade in high school, my teacher gave me assignment that was a research about games ( I chose the topic). However, I needed to present the result to the whole class. Oh, gosh, it would be confoundedly hard for me, I thought. I was so worried about the presentation. So I used almost 80% time to prepare the presentation not research. Because research was easy for me. I practiced with mirror and I gave speech to my mom time after time.
Finally, the "doomsday" was coming. Before I went to the platform, I took a deep breathe. "I can do it, I can do it.........." I repeated in my heart again and again. I really attempted to look like confident, nevertheless I could not feel my legs and I feel my tongue began to tie a knot, somehow. When I reached the platform(a long way for me), I cleared my throat. Suddenly, I felt comfortable. "It's not hard, is it?" I asked myself. Then I began to give my speech. To my surprise, I added something such as examples and stories. As soon as I finished, I heard there was a lots clapping. I was so happy that I didn't ruin it. Oppositely, I did very well (might not, I don't know, lol).
From then on, I have not been very nervous when I was talking. Because I believe I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment